6/17/2010

WHITESIDE MACHINE #1959 CARBIDE-TIP 2 FLUTE RABBETING ROUTER BIT W/BB 1-7/8 DIA X 1" CUT LENGTH

Cheap WHITESIDE MACHINE #1959 CARBIDE-TIP 2 FLUTE RABBETING ROUTER BIT W/BB 1-7/8 DIA X 1" CUT LENGTH Review




I bought this to rebate for 24mm glazing units in my oak framed conservatory. I couldn't find anything nearly big enough before and nearly did myself a mischief trying to grip a smaller bit by the tip of the shaft - not clever.

The new bit seems well balanced and I am using a 1900W router which slices through the oak with ease. I am taking appx 6mm cuts to a final rebate of 40mm.

Not being experianced with this kind of cut I have experimented with speeds and direction of cut, but I am getting a great clean finish. The bit has been used a fair bit now and has discoloured due to heat, but still working great.

The only problem is the amount of shavings being produced, I have invested in a disposable headcover and face shield (3M) to go over my safety glasses - stops most of it going dowm my neck! I have also attached a small plastic shield on the underside of the router plate to try to deflectmost of the shavings away.




WHITESIDE MACHINE #1959 CARBIDE-TIP 2 FLUTE RABBETING ROUTER BIT W/BB 1-7/8 DIA X 1" CUT LENGTH Feature


  • AMERICAN MADE FOR THE AMERICAN WOODWORKER
  • MADE FROM SOLID ALLOY STEEL
  • PRECISION GROUND FOR PROPER BALANCE AT HIGH RPMS
  • MADE WITH THICK CARBIDE FOR EXTRA SHARPENINGS
  • USES THE HIGHEST QUALITY AMERICAN MADE MICROGRAIN CARBIDE




WHITESIDE MACHINE #1959 CARBIDE-TIP 2 FLUTE RABBETING ROUTER BIT W/BB 1-7/8 DIA X 1" CUT LENGTH Overview


WHITESIDE MACHINE 1959 CARBIDE-TIP 2 FLUTE RABBETING ROUTER BIT W/BB 1-7/8 DIA X 1" CUT LENGTH X 3/4" CUT DEPTH X 1/2" SHANK



*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Jun 17, 2010 02:20:22

No comments:

Post a Comment